ToMailing List GUTTERS
SubjectSpecific cartooning ?
FromTom Davidson
DateMay 24, 2001, 7:56 a.m.
I have a major stash of coquille board that I'm playing around with now.
I've settled on a Prismacolor 935 Black pencil for the shading. However,
as for line work, the board tends to bleed a whole lot, mostly with
regards to the amount of ink hitting the surface. Does anyone have any
suggestions for controlling the bleed, such as a particular type of nib,
brush, ink, crayon or pencil to use for dense line work? I love the
rocky effect the board gives for line work, and want to exploit that,
sort of like the backgrounds seen in the original, animated "101
Dalmatians". Thanks.

-- TomD.