P o t l a t c h 7.12.01

  1. To those EXPO Comic Rejecters past and present
  2. Gutters archive
  3. GUTTERS Mailing List Server Switch
ToMailing List GUTTERS
SubjectP o t l a t c h 7.12.01
FromSteven M. “Noppie” Noppenberger
DateJuly 12, 2001, 3:21 p.m.
To all concern.
    This e-mail is all concern parties and to those actual involved in
Potlatch to date.

1 2 t h   o f   J u l y   2 0 0 1    N e w s
    As things stand now we 85 plus pages of material.
This is not the order, just a list who has send what
and acknowledged.  Randy will have the final say in sequences.
    Contributor                         Total page count
001)    Marc Deering (8 and 10)                 18
002)    Steve N.                                08
003)    Chris Yambar                            08
004)    Ed                                      02
005)    Russ McIntosh                           03
006)    Jen from Sequential Tart(Footnote 5)        00
007)    Chris Pitzer                                08
008)    Justin                                  08
009)    Jose Mochove                            08
010)    Julio                                   04
011)    Sal Cipriano and Kristof Spaey          08
012)    Squid Works (Footnote 4)                    18

    Note Randy may have been contacted by more or
different individuals.  If, so.  Randy send out corrected
list to the team.  Or send a single e-mail to me, and I
will update the team.

R e p e a t e d   f o r   c l a r i f y i n  g
C o v e r   I m a g e  N e x t   F o c u s
    To please the CBLDF and suit our over
all goal, this
mean having "A" cover image.  It does not have to be the
actual cover image we use.  However, it must be 300 dpi
CMYK Tiff formatted file 3 inches in height.  We have to
16th of July 2001 to pull this off. (Along with a description
who and what is included)

L o g o   / T i t l e
    Marc Deering agreed
yesterday over the phone
 to tackle the Logo/Title of P o t l a t c h   2 0 0 1:
Comics to Benefit the CBLDF .  I had planned on and
looked forward to do it.  However,  Marc just seem so
motivated to take on this aspect of Potlatch.  By
Saturday according to Marc.

    I imagine, IF someone out there feels compelled
to do thier own verision of what they think Potlatch
Logo/title should be?  Contact Marc.
Something can be worked out?

    We are a team, working for the same purpose of
sharing our gift with CBLDF and the readers of
Comic books.

B i o ' s   a n d   D e s c r i p t i o n   o f
    Send Bio's facts to Russ McIntosh, are at least
what you want known the public.  I will need a short
decription of what your illustrated story is about.
Example base on my contribution to Potlatch
written by Daw Law Illustrated by Noppie:
"T'was the Night Before...." is about the (unusual)
magic of christmas on a long space voyage.

W e b p a g e   a n d   D o m a i n    N a m e
    Barrett of Comics2U has agreed to allow us web
space on his server for  P o t l a t c h   2 0 0 1:
Comics to Benefit the CBLDF .  When it is decided
who wants to handle the HTML aspect?  Images and
the selection process for the cover can be made.

C o v e r   A r t i s t s   O p t i o n s
    Individuals who have expressed an interest in doing
the cover for P o t l a t c h   2 0 0 1: Comics to
Benefit the CBLDF or having a say are to date:

1. Marc Deering    e-mail at
    marc.deering
2. Justin        e-mail at   denton
    http://www.sabresedge.com/studios/justin/savmain.shtml

    Point blank I am too bias towards my own art.  So, I wish to be removed
from the decision making aspect on selecting a cover.
3.  Steve       e-mail at   [email]Noppie[/email]
    http://members.aol.com/noppie/myhomepage/Noppie.Art.html

    Everyone who wishes to be involved in producing the
actual cover illustration, please contact me, so the group
 knows it's options.  Send webpage address so that team
members can view sample or actual images to gauge
what is desirable.

O p t i o n / P o s s i b l i t i e s .
    1.  A member can volunteer to make that selection
based on his or her tastes.  That decision will then be
final.
    2.  We can vote based on sample illustration and
individual is elected/selected to do the cover illustration.
    3.  Everyone desiring to do the cover, CAN do an illustration
and then the team decides which it wants on the actual
comic book. ( broken hearts to the non-selectees)
    4.  That dreaded variant cover deal were if allowed
by the CBLDF we print x amount of each
cover divided
the print run. ( we could select this option but could
be over ruled by Comic Book Legal Defense Fund ).
So, each cover will then have to given a status,
first choice, second and so on.
Just to cover all our bases

    5.  What happen if the selected artist does not
complete his or her illustration in time?  Is someone
willing to do a back up illustration to cover our bases?

    Several things are needed to start.  Everyone who wishes
to do the cover must acknowledge by Friday 13th of July.
And give webpage address.  If, someone wish to volunteer
to make the selection process, speak up.  What the team
decides on how or who we select do the cover, that is final.

    Do you feel the energy.

Steve

P o t l a t c h   2 0 0 1 : Comics to Benefit the CBLDF
Attention: Randy, Russ and Steve
101 Lloyd Ave
Apartment 8
Pittsburgh, PA
15218

foot notes
1.  00 means that they have committed but have not acknowledged
 thier page count.
2.  Everyone has read the Potlatch - the Gift Economy.
And up to speed on concept of  Potlatch
?
3.  Yes,  P o t l a t c h  is a word.  It just that those narrow
minded individuals elected not to include it most dictionaries.
The concept would spread fear in those unwilling to share.
4.  Squid Works has three seperate illustrated stories by
various individuals varying from 6-8 pages.
5.  Jen is looking for an artist to illustrate her story.