Preparation Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup raw brown sugar
- 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tblsp vanilla syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tblsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- handful chocolate chips
- handful chopped walnuts
- Spread the handfuls of chocolate chips and chopped walnuts over the bottom of a 9x9 square baking dish.
- Heat the sugars, cream, cocoa and 1/4 cup chocolate chips, syrup, and salt over medium heat until it reaches soft ball, or about 250F.
- Remove from heat and add the butter, stirring only until melted.
- Cool without stirring to 120F.
- Add the vanilla and beat until glossy.
- Mix in the nuts and the coconut.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Cool until firm. Cut in 1 inch squares.
This makes 81 pieces when divided up into one-inch squares.
I measure the walnuts and chocolate chips by handfuls rather than cups, because I pretty much never follow recipe instructions for such things (as well as raisins when recipes call for them), instead just putting in whatever I feel like: usually a good handful, even when the recipe calls for less.