Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Melt the butter, over low heat, in a large saucepan.
- Add the sesame oil.
- Melt the marshmallows in the butter, stirring constantly.
- Add the sesame seeds and the cereal, and stir until well-coated.
- Spread onto a large, well-buttered cookie sheet, about 14 inches diameter.
- Let cool, and cut into squares.
I was in the mood for some sesame candy, and noticed the opened box of Rice Krispies in the cupboard. This semi-sesame candy is just as easy as rice krispie candy.
I’ve also used almond extract or vanilla extract to add to the flavor of rice krispie candies, and I’d bet that just about any flavoring normally used in candies will work well.
I have no photo, because I ate them all before writing this. Nor can I find a free rice krispie candy stock photo. So here’s a picture of a cat in a doorway. That should make this recipe a viral sensation.