Negative Space: gas
- How’s Obama doing? Just check the price of gas
- Reader Armando Gutierrez asks why, with the economy doing so poorly for the average person, people are feeling better about the President?
- Poll gives Obama his worst marks yet
- Six months before election day, Americans have a bleaker view of the country’s direction than at any time in more than three decades, and they attribute it to President Obama’s handling of gasoline prices and the rest of the economy.
- Canadian PM Harper: The Price The US Pays For Canadian Oil Is About To Go Up, Up, Up
“Canada was in a poor negotiating position with us on the price of their oil, as they were a captive supplier. And, it turns out, they were nice enough to be okay with this situation. They weren’t looking to change it.” (Memeorandum thread)
- Gasoline Tax Rates by State
“Gasoline taxes are levied in various ways in different states. Some states, such as Louisiana, levy a flat rate per gallon. Others charge a tax similar to a sales tax in that it applies to the monetary amount of the gasoline sold. Other states allow local communities to levy gasoline taxes in addition to any state taxes that might be levied.”