Negative Space: gun control
- ACLU Encourages Police State
- By arguing against a right of effective self-defense, and by encouraging people to rely on the police for their protection, the ACLU ensures that voters will clamor for a police state.
- Adam Gopnik: The simple truth about gun control
According to Adam Gopnik in The New Yorker, those who support gun control are equivalent to a faith-healing cult, continually applying faulty laws even though they’ve never worked in the past.
- April fools came early at the Washington Post
The left-wing media have been omitting the truth for so long, they no longer remember the omissions.
- Being illiberal: Same sex gun sales
If selling a gay couple a wedding cake means a “christian” baker participated in their marriage, does selling a gun to a murderer mean a “christian” gun store owner participated in murder?
- But the rhetoric’s so much better here under the tragedy!
Want to stop domestic terrorism? Take seriously those who say they want to kill. Want to stop the oppression of women and the gay community? Take seriously those who say they want to literally enslave women and kill gays.
- California bans multiple pregnancies
Democrats pass bills requiring 30-day waiting period for abortions and a license to walk in public while pregnant.
- Forfeiture, Racism, and Gun Control
- Racist laws in the post-war south also included forfeiture for pretty much the same reason forfeiture exists today.
- Hero stops local mass shooting
Nation has no need to grieve, goes on watching sports and talking about election trivialities. Social media finger nannies hardest hit.
- My Friend Sarah
- She’s a control freak and exhibits all the symptoms of a pathological liar, but Sarah Brady still wants to be my friend.
- National Public Safety Survey
- The somewhat skewed “National Public Safety Survey” from Handgun Control, which focuses not on public safety but on public disarmament.
- Nobody in 2000
- If you want to win in this election, vote for Nobody.
- The one true gun law loophole
The only true gun law loophole is that criminals are willing to break the law. Law-abiding victims are not. Gun laws disarm victims but do not disarm murderers.
- Red Light Cameras and rock-throwing children
When the left sees a kid throwing a rock at other kids, they see an opportunity: to stop budding geologists from collecting rocks.
- The self-defense Tuskegee
- Killing the poor with misplaced kindness. President Clinton cries “Never Again”, but that’s just newspeak for “ASAP”.
- Slaves in their own fucking country
- It’s time to open the letters bag again. Is there still slavery in America, and is literary merit necessary to end it? Uncle Tom would be proud, but Solzhenitsyn takes it on the ear.
- Throwing Gas on the Fire
- If any incident hilights the violence of prohibition and the futility of gun control, the six-year-old killing in Mt. Morris Township, Michigan, is it.
- U.S. homicide rate compared to gun control measures
Extrano’s Alley lists the U.S. homicide rate from 1885 to 1940, and somebody else puts it into a chart.
- U.S. Supreme Court firearms cases
- Negative Space text archive of files on /pub/Firearms/Government/Courts/U.S. Supreme Court/
- U.S. v. Miller text and commentary
- Negative Space text archive of files on /pub/Firearms/Government/Courts/U.S. Supreme Court/Miller/
- Why don’t gun owners trust the left?
If you have a Democrat in the house, you are eight hundred times more likely to die from statistical misrepresentation. Forty-three times more likely? Three times more likely? Would you believe smug mathematical innumeracy?
- Why Not Gun Control?
- Why would we want gun control? What are the benefits? What does the Supreme Court have to say about it?
- Democrats Tanked Gun Control To Up Their Election Chances
“Apparently Democrats would rather have no gun sales ban than a sales ban that allows Americans due-process rights.” (Memeorandum thread)
- Law and Order in the Fallen World
“It is a natural tendency on the part of most human beings, when confronted with great evil, to want to do something about it. We want to stop the horror of death and violence and disease. It speaks to what is good within us that we desire this—it speaks to a recognition on our part, innate and abiding, that there is something terribly broken in this world—a great mistake which has been made along the way, a gear missed in the works, a gaping hole where something should be. The feeling is all the stronger when we face the destruction of innocent life—the life of a child. The Mishnah tells us that the act of murder destroys a whole…
- The Facts about Mass Shootings
“With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.” (Memeorandum thread)
- why the gun is civilization
“Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that’s it.”