Negative Space: media
- Media balance at its best at CSPAN
- Too often, “balance” in mainstream media means over-simplifying to the point that right and wrong are given equal time.
- The Powers That Be
- David Halberstam’s tome about the growth of media power is repetitive, burdensome, it circles itself like an overweight prizefighter attempting to gain the advantage of the mirror, but like the aging boxer is filled with anecdotal glory.
- Shattered Glass, Shattered Illusions
- Great movie, great commentary on the DVD with directory Billy and New Republic editor Chuck Lane.
- Taking Heat
A great look at the Press Secretary’s view of the press from the White House podium.