Re: 2H on Bristol

    I general use a 2H 5 mm mechanical pencil.  Only on rare occasion Have I
noticed "damage" to Bristol board.  Does anyone like blue pencils?  It looks
cool when other people do it.  However, I do not like it.  Too difficult to
erase.
    On the occasions that I use a number 2 pencil, it seems that my
Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph ink does not want to color the line.  On a rare
occasion I have seen the ink move off the line. The other reason, I resist
using No. 2 or softer lead on my comic book pages, is how dirty the page
gets.  The harder lead seem to make less of mess. ( and my pages still have
smudges with the 2H)

    Soft lead users: are you scanning your art as a finished product for
publication?  Or do you just like the different effects, i.e., soft shading,
fading shadows, curves..etc.  I assume that you intend on inking your art for
publication?  Is this extra work justified? I can think of why I would do it.
    Does anyone follow John Buscema advice in the Journal and uses a light
box and/or transfers finished image to the Bristol board or use a light box
for inking?

Steve

A n g r y  D o g   P r e s s
Steven M. Noppenberger