Re: 2H on Bristol

> I general use a 2H 5 mm mechanical pencil.  Only on rare occasion Have I
> noticed "damage" to Bristol board.  Does anyone like blue pencils?  It looks
> cool when other people do it.  However, I do not like it.  Too difficult to
> erase.

Ooh, I like the idea of the mechanical pencil. No dullness, ever. I've tried
blue pencils, but I couldn't find my details with it. Of course, I've never
inked my own pencils, so maybe it wasn't as big a problem as I imagined.
Still, it wasn't as comfortable as the familiar greyish color of the
graphite.

> Soft lead users: are you scanning your art as a finished product for
> publication?  Or do you just like the different effects, i.e., soft shading,
> fading shadows, curves..etc.  I assume that you intend on inking your art for
> publication?  Is this extra work justified? I can think of why I would do it.
> Does anyone follow John Buscema advice in the Journal and uses a light
> box and/or transfers finished image to the Bristol board or use a light box
> for inking?
>
> Steve

A light box would be so cool. I've heard of that being done, but don't have
the equipment on hand.

Matthew