ToMailing List GUTTERS
SubjectRe: Future of Comics
FromSteven M. “Noppie” Noppenberger
DateOct. 15, 2000, 8:37 a.m.
ThreadFuture of Comics
I personal believe that Comic have a real future.  If, it was just
Marvel, and DC putting out comic books.  I do not believe anyone would be
talking about comics as a dying industry.  I am speaking from my heart not
from any inside facts.

    Second, even though it has not worked for me.  It would seem even with
the low numbers in our current comic book fan base (even without adding by
attracting new readers).  It seem mathematically possible to earn a living
doing comic books.  Diamond does not seem to want to cooperate from my own
personal perspective.
    I assume that each of you have done the math, to figure how many comic
books x number of times a year with x number sold to pay your bills and quit
your day jobs?

    Third, I believe there are enough individual like myself who have simply
decided that they want to tell illustrated stories and will continue to
produce comic books.  "WE" have to decide if comic books are an artform or an
industry.

    As far as wanting to turn "Pro"?  The answer is yes.  Add me name to the
list of wanting to earn his sole earning from illustrating comic books.

at Marvel since Joe Quesada was named editor in chief ?"  I do not see Marvel
as wanting me as an artist.  So, it makes no difference to me.  In theory, if
an artist is running the show at Marvel, then yes it improve life for the
artists.
    If, Joe Quesada does things to improve life at Marvel for the artists
there and that in turn aids the comic book industry.  Then we benefit
    Even though, I am artist myself.  I do not believe that Art alone, is
what makes a comic book.  The story itself should be the focus then followed
by equal of art and words.

Steve

A n g r y  D o g   P r e s s
Steven M. Noppenberger