ToMailing List GUTTERS
SubjectRe: Future of Comics
FromSteven M. “Noppie” Noppenberger
DateOct. 16, 2000, 10:37 a.m.
ThreadFuture of Comics
My apologizes, my last e-mail went out before I was ready to send.

    After reading salgoodsam suggested articles at
(http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/index.cgi?column=1 ). About marvel
money problems and( http://www.tcj.com/messboard/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000010.html
) about Comix theory.

    After reading the article about Marvels money problems.  It is hard to
believe that Marvel will not be around much longer.  I can hardly imagine a
comic book shop without any Marvel titles.

    What effect do you think it will have on the Indy Comix.  Not based on
any facts, but it seems that most comic buyers started out purchasing marvel
and or DC, then moved on to Indies?  I can imagine in theory that it will aid
the industry?  However, my personal experience with theories has not been a
positive one.  Reality does what it wants and pays no repeat to theories.

    I like you discuss on Comic book theory.  Though to be honest, I
currently have nothing to add to your discussion.  In treating Comic Books as
artform, in a reflection of life theory.  I like. It.  However, with the
comic book I have read over the years: Heavymetal, Avengers, Defenders,
Fantastic four,..etc do not reflect life.  Ironman drinking problem and the
death of Captain Marvel were the only one that I am aware that addressed
social problems.