Negative Space: abortion
- Banning abortion in Henrico County, New Orleans
Saying it’s so doesn’t make it so, even when we make laws. We shouldn’t have laws we aren’t willing to enforce.
- California bans multiple pregnancies
Democrats pass bills requiring 30-day waiting period for abortions and a license to walk in public while pregnant.
- Kirk Watson emerges from cave after 200 years of isolation
Former Austin mayor confused, faint because of new laws that presume adults are children.
- Mom didn’t leave the left, it left her
Is my mom becoming more conservative, or is the left becoming more out of touch, not just with science but with mainstream religion?
- Planned Parenthood announces baby delivery service
The non-profit plans to compete with market leaders on speed, quality, and taste, to bring healthier, happier babies to a new convenience demographic.
- Republican principles
- When John Deere starts losing the tractor business, they don’t say “let’s make ice cream”. They make better tractors.
- San Diego Pro-Choice and the Meaning of Life
San Diego pro-abortion activists such as Canvas for a Cause and San Diego’s Radical Feminists of Occupy San Diego are protesting a San Diego Catholic organization that, in their words, “exists to prevent women from getting abortions”.
- The universality of life in stories
Evil doesn’t win by being evil. It wins by convincing us that it is virtuous. Pregnant women know, instinctively, that they are carrying a child. But we have allowed ourselves to be convinced as a society that they are wrong.
- Looking Away From Abortion
“…the problem these videos create for Planned Parenthood isn’t just a generalized queasiness at surgery and blood. It’s a very specific disgust, informed by reason and experience—the reasoning that notes that it’s precisely a fetus’s humanity that makes its organs valuable, and the experience of recognizing one’s own children, on the ultrasound monitor and after, as something more than just ‘products of conception’ or tissue for the knife.” (Memeorandum thread)
- A Dark Past
“Contraception, abortion, and the eugenics movement.”
- Trig Is A “Prop” To Them Only Because They Don’t Like Seeing A Child With Down Syndrome
“The folks at Wonkette and their compatriots don’t seem to mind photos of the Obama kids, or other children of politicians. They don’t even seem to mind photos of the other Palin children. Trig alone has been singled out as a ‘Prop.’ It’s only when Sarah Palin treats Trig the way she would any of her other children that they are up in arms. If Sarah Palin had aborted Trig, the left would have been okay with it. If she hid Trig offstage and out of sight, all would be good. But treat the child as you would any other child, and that cannot be tolerated.”