- Role-Playing Meeting Grounds
- Places to go and meet other gamers, on-line and off-line.
- Role-Playing Web Sites
- Web sites for table-top, paper and pencil role-playing games. Includes links for game enhancements, free and shareware games, game companies and retailers, and real-life gaming resources.
Exclusive to Highland Games
- What is role-playing?
- Role-playing is getting together with friends to write a story. It’s joining around a campfire or a dining room to spin some tall tales. Role-playing is being creative and having fun with friends.
- The Biblyon Broadsheet
- Like adventurers of old you will delve into forgotten tombs where creatures of myth stalk the darkness. You will search uncharted wilderness for lost knowledge and hidden treasure. Where the hand-scrawled sign warns “beyond here lie dragons,” your stories begin.
- Men & Supermen
- Men & Supermen is a superhero role-playing game designed for a wide variety of characters, both of powers and power levels.
- Net Games
- Complete free or shareware tabletop, paper-and-pencil role-playing games.
- The San Diego Free Trade Zone
- The moment Aztlan military units moved north into Camp Pendleton, Aztlan negotiators were already meeting with local interests to ensure a peaceful change of command. In what must be one of the great economic skin jobs of all time, San Diego was wrested from the CFS and turned into the California Free Trade Zone.
- Fading Notes for the World of Highland
- The World of Highland, consisting mostly of modifications for AD&D and DragonQuest.
- James Vassilakos List of Gaming Web Sites
- Many years ago, Jim Vassilakos compiled several useful things for the role-playing newsgroups. One of them was this list of cool RPG-related web sites. Rather than throw it out, I’m keeping it here for its historical value.
- Mythus-L Archives Home Page
- Archives for the Dangerous Journeys: Mythus® game system Mythus-L mailing list.
- Role-playing text archive
- Elder game info archive from before the web, and the web’s infancy.
- Tractor Feed Adventures
- Old adventures, not worth converting to Gods & Monsters. I haven’t played these since the eighties.
- John H. Kim’s Role-Playing Game Page
A very comprehensive listing of all role-playing games ever available, free, published, out-of-print. Also, intelligent musings on game design and role-playing theory. A very useful site.
- The Forge
“This site is dedicated to the promotion, creation, and review of independent role-playing games. What is an independent role-playing game? Our main criterion is that the game is owned by its author, or creator-owned.” Don’t miss the article links arrayed across the top of the forums.
A very simple way of hooking up with gamers; put in an intersection and some game names, and find the gamers near you who play them.
- The Acaeum
A complete listing of TSR Dungeons & Dragons products through Advanced Dungeons & Dragons with detailed histories and edition listings. Also, a complete listing of Judges Guild products. If you enjoy old school, you won’t want to miss this site.
- RPG Bloggers
A very nice clearinghouse for tabletop gaming blogs. They have a combined RSS feed so you can subscribe to all the RPG reading material you could ever want.